Arbor Park - South Washington Street
Memorial Park - North Taft Street
Pioneer Park - 15th & Madison
Plum Creek Park - 13th & North Adams Streets
Oak Park - West Oak Street
Lexington park facilities include picnic tables, shelters, playground equipment, tennis courts, horseshoe pits, baseball and softball fields, soccer fields, volleyball and sand volleyball courts.
- City of Lexington Recreation Programs - Organized recreation activities abound in Lexington. For more information regarding our recreation programs, contact Lexington Community Activities Director Ann Luther
Phone: (308) 324-2498
- Baseball - Optimist Recreation Complex on West 13th Street.
- Boating - Enjoy boating, skiing, tubing at Johnson Lake. Canoe down the Platte River.
- Bowling - Strike and Spare, 1408 North Adams, 12-lane bowling alley with organized leagues and open bowling. Call 308-324-4675.
- Eagle Viewing - Winter nesting site for over 200 bald eagles at NPPD J-2 Hydroplant south of Lexington. From December - February. For more information call 308-324-5504.
- Fishing - Great fishing can be enjoyed at many places in and around Lexington. Johnson Lake (9 miles south), Plum Creek Park fishing pond, Platte River, Tri-County Canal, Elwood Reservoir, Gallagher Canyon, Plum Creek Canyon.
- Golf - Lakeside Country Club, Johnson Lake approximately 9 miles south of Lexington; Overton Golf Course, located on Highway 30 between Lexington and Overton.
- Hunting - Excellent hunting grounds for duck, goose and deer hunting.
- Sandhill Crane Migration - The Platte River area is a choice spot to watch these interesting birds during their journey.
- Senior-Citizen Fun - Grand Generation Center, 407 East 6th. Quilting, dancing, card playing, meals, exercise programs, pool. For more information call 308-324-2498.
- Soccer - Adult and youth programs.
- Softball - Teams play at various park locations thoughout the city and at the Optimist Recreation Complex.
- Swimming - Family Aquatic Center at 9th & Monroe Streets. Zero-depth pool, water slide, lap pool, diving pool, snack bar, sand volleyball and sand play area. Swim lessons available. Swim team.
- Tennis - Several tennis courts are scattered around the city. Men's, women's and youth leagues are offered. For more information call Mary Maloley at 308-324-2156. Lexington High School now has boys and girls tennis teams.
- Theater - Majestic Theater, 615 N. Washington. Family owned theater, reasonably priced.
Check out other Central Nebraska recreation activities:
Central Nebraska Adventures - Visit Central Nebraska, a region sprinkled with historical and pioneer sites, natural beauty and moments of peaceful remembrances of a time when everyday life was an adventure. Many museums, shops and communities are alive with sunny smiles, quiet hide-a-ways and eye-opening flavors.